I had a revelation today! I cycled home from work, and my mind was wandering a bit, and I thought about a few things which happened during the last days. All of a sudden I became aware that TYCon3 is over now and Kai hasn’t blogged anything new about it. And that opened my eyes!
- What blogs actually do is voicing the opinion of one blogger, and allowing readers to comment on it.
- What blogs don’t do is allowing readers to comment on future posts!
I would very much like Kai to know that I want more reports on TYCon3. So my options are:
- Write an email: works if you know the bloggers address
- Send a trackback to the most recent on-topic post: that’s what I did here…
- Comment on the most recent on-topic post
What I envision is that I could comment on a future post! I go to the blog, I open the comment form, I give it a topic (in this case for example “TYCon3 summary”), and I write my comment (in this case “Hey, Kai, so what was your overall impression?”). The original blog author only needs to write a post to my comment.
What do you think?